Become a University of Findlay Day of Giving Advocate
As a Day of Giving Advocate, you help create excitement about the University of Findlay’s Day of Giving before and during the day. You’ll use your personalized GiveCampus link you receive when you register via GiveCampus to encourage others to give. Throughout the day, you’ll be able to track your impact on our Day of Giving website and help us reach our goal!
How to become an Advocate:
- Register via UF’s GiveCampus Campaign (site goes live 3/20) by creating a FREE account with email or securely via Facebook (must be logged into Facebook). Make sure to list University of Findlay as your college during registration.
- Once you’re registered and logged into GiveCampus, search “University of Findlay” and click on our “Oiler Up Give Back” campaign
- Once you’re in the campaign, click on the “Advocates” tab
- Make your gift; consider a matching gift or challenge gift
Click here to learn more about matching gifts and challenge gifts via our FAQ.
- Share, share, share! Click on the Facebook, Twitter, text, or email icons within the Advocates tab to share your personalized URL with friends and family. When they give via your link you’ll see that progress on your profile!
As an Advocate, you can make the biggest impact by:
- Making your gift between now and noon on March 20.
If you have already made a gift, thank you! By making an additional gift during the 24-hours of our Day of Giving, you can help us secure essential funding for what you love most about UF. Give to your area of passion or to the Findlay Fund or Findlay Forward Scholarships.
Creating a match or a challenge is a fun and easy way to get your friends and family involved in giving back to an area you’re particularly passionate about.
- Sharing on social.
Talk about UF’s Day of Giving on your own Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts using #OilerUpGiveBack and #ufindlay and the special Day of Giving graphics below. Use your personalized GiveCampus link to track how many gifts you personally bring in from your network.
Click here for our Social Media Toolkit.
- Emailing your friends, family and coworkers to ask them to join you in making a gift on the Day of Giving.
Make phone calls, send text messages and emails or talk to them in person. Your passion and excitement for the day is contagious! Ask them to give to your passion area or the Findlay Fund or Findlay Forward Scholarships. Below are some sample messages if you need help formulating your call to action. Remember to share via your personalized link so you can track your personal progress in addition to UF’s overall progress throughout the day.
Here are some sample messages that you can copy/paste for social, email or text to help make sharing on any account even easier:
- During the next 24-hours, I challenge you to #OilerUpGiveBack with me for Findlay students.
- #OilerUpGiveBack with me today! Together we can make an impact in just 24-hours for Findlay students!
- We’ve got this! #OilerUpGiveBack with me today in any amount on UF’s Day of Giving!
- Today is UF’s Day of Giving! Join me on this incredible mission by making a gift to an area you’re most passionate about. A gift in any amount joins a collective force to support future Oilers. #OilerUpGiveBack
- Joining us on campus for our Day of Giving Kickoff Event – Ring in Spring, Noon, March 20.
You can ring our bell! Meet us at the bell in the center of campus at noon on March 20 to encourage students, faculty, staff, alumni and friends to make a gift and ring in spring! Anyone who makes a gift at the bell tower will be allowed to ring the bell. Let us know if you’ll be here.
- Professional development
- Resume building experience that can be shared with employers
- Opportunity to establish and/or further develop an online personal brand
- Recommendation letter upon request
- Empowerment to be a voice for the University and drive engagement amongst online audiences
You don’t have to be registered as an advocate to make a donation on the Day of Giving or to share your pride on social media via the graphics in our Social Media Toolkit.